Senior Staff Accountant Job Description
Senior Staff Accountant
Church of the Nazarene Foundation
17001 Prairie Star Pkwy, Ste. 200, Lenexa, KS 66220
Reports to: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Salary, 37.5 hours per week
Post Date: May 4, 2022
Application Process: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Senior Staff Accountant performs routine accounting functions of average difficulty in the areas of gifts processing, back up accounts payable, month-end closing, and other related accounting and office duties.
About the Foundation
The Church of the Nazarene Foundation exists to facilitate charitable gifts for Nazarene ministries including local churches, schools, and global missions. Through planned and deferred giving instruments the Foundation provides expertise in wise giving.
- Process incoming gifts from various sources: checks, credit cards, stocks, online direct, wire transfer, ACH, etc.
- Setup new agreement projects in Raisers Edge/Financial Edge
- Backup and resource for Accounts Payable
- Weekly reporting of Gifts & Distributions to Investment Managers
- Process wire transfers/ACH distributions (entry or approval) as needed
- Month-end closing Journal Entries and processes
- Process monthly corporate credit card master batch
- Communicate with Investment Managers as needed on Project activity & monthly review of activity
- Assist in audit preparation and other fiscal year end activity
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Christian moral behavior in harmony with the Church of the Nazarene
- Familiarization with chart of accounts and bookkeeping procedures
- Basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping principles and practice
- Ability to perform accurate and rapid data entry on computer keyboard
- Experience in Excel spreadsheet and macro functions helpful
- Knowledge of Financial Edge and Raisers Edge software a plus
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong, cooperative, team-oriented work ethic
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred. Experience may qualify in lieu of education.