General Clerk Job Description
Church of the Nazarene Foundation
17001 Prairie Star Pkwy, Ste. 200, Lenexa, KS 66220
Reports to: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Hourly - Non-Exempt, 22.5 hours per week
Post Date: May 6, 2019
Application Process: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will assist with the planned giving work of the Foundation through interaction with constituents; maintenance of constituent records; and all other operations of the office environment which include but are not limited to answering the telephone, scanning documents, paperless filing, and data entry.
Position typically works Monday through Wednesday.
- Answer the telephone and respond to email inquiries.
- Provide customer support for online portal and other office-related processes.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database according to policies and procedures.
- Direct inquiries from local churches, districts, schools, and other ministries to appropriate field or office personnel.
- Daily shared activities with the accounting staff in relation to mail processing and deposits as defined in the Accounting Procedures Manual.
- Process monthly expense reports for approval.
- Correspond and track trust and estate notices.
- Provide direct support to Foundation Officers as needed.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the Foundation office and storage areas.
- Mail monthly statements to donors and upload to donor portal.
- Create and process new agreements for signatures.
- Correspond with investment managers for new contracts, address changes, and death notices.
- Scan and file documents as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree or higher preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills, initiative to follow through.
- Team player, with ability to work well within a corporate setting.
- Good communication/people skills via telephone, written correspondence, or person-to-person.
- Familiarity of planned giving/development practices or ability to quickly learn these concepts.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly master computer software.
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and change directions on demand.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have competency to learn Raiser's Edge Contact Management systems, Excel Spreadsheet software, and MS Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to HumanResources@nazarenefoundation.org.